The Christine B. Foundation is ‘cooking up’ new ways for patients with cancer and their families to access nutritional meals, through the nutritional assistance program.
The CBF Recipe Committee is pleased to announce that each month recipes will be built using the specific items offered in each grocery package. Cancer survivors, chefs, dietitians, and community members make up this committee, each taking a careful look at how you can prepare meals in your kitchen with CBF’s support.
The August Recipe of the Month is: Vegetable Frittata.
*If you or someone you know is affected by cancer and looking for no-cost grocery packages, please call Christine B. Foundation at (207) 517-0256 or learn more at www.chrisbfund.org/nutrition
Serves – 2
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Eggs – 8
Milk – 1/3 cup
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Pepper – 1/2 tsp
Garlic Powder – 1/4 tsp
Onions – 1 small
Potatoes – 2 medium
Diced Misc. Vegetables – 2 cups
Shredded Cheese – 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Crack eggs into a medium bowl. Add milk & spices. Beat well.
- Dice onions, potatoes, and your favorite vegetables in 1/2 inch pieces.
- Heat oil in a 1″ oven safe pan. Add the potatoes & cook for 7 minutes, stir as needed.
- When the potatoes are cooked, add the onions & vegetables and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and stir to be sure all the ingredients are mixed. Lower the heat and cook for 2-3 minutes until edges begin to firm.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top and place the pan in the preheated oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese has melted and egg mixture has set.
- Remove from oven and let set for 5 minutes. Serve with a green salad.
A Bonus 5 Minute Recipe For You!